[vorbis-dev] Parallelism

Segher Boessenkool segher at eastsite.nl
Wed Aug 16 07:36:14 PDT 2000

> Greetings.
>
> In looking through the mail archives, I don't see any mention of
> parallelism of the vorbis code (particularly the encoder).  I was
> wondering if anyone was looking into this at all?  Either with threads,

Hi,

What would be the advantages of a parallel encoder? If you need the extra
speed, you're probably encoding lots of tracks, so just start a bunch of
encoders at once? The present vorbis example encoder (not optimized) is
better than realtime, so that's no problem either.

I guess I miss the point of parallellizing it...

Ciao,

Segher