[vorbis-dev] Branch: residue codebook trainer.

Gregory Maxwell greg at linuxpower.cx
Fri Apr 21 06:15:46 PDT 2000

I was looking at the residue trainer in the branch, and I noticed:

"    /* seed the inputs to input points, but points on unit boundaries,
     ignoring quantbits for now, making sure each seed is unique */     "

Is this actually the right-thing(tm) (and I'm missing some deep voodoo) or
should we not be throwing out identical vectors?

I.e. shouldn't a more frequently occuring value bias the output codebook
to more accuratly represent that value?