[vorbis-dev] Windows multimedia codec

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Wed Apr 19 23:10:25 PDT 2000

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is referring to ACM codecs.  They are
generic codecs in the ACM framework, and can be used by any program built
to deal with ACM codecs.

While I think one might be useful to someone, somewhere, the ACM interface
is horridly crufty and complicated.  Vorbisfile is much simpler.

So I don't think any of us have started writing one, and I don't think any
of us plan to :)

jack.