[vorbis-dev] Mime type

Jacob Morzinski jmorzins at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 27 07:04:23 PDT 2000

Monty wrote:
> x- is for anything not officially blessed by IANA. I've contacted
> IANA in the past about making audio/ogg official and never got a
> reply. Anyone else want to try again with blessing?

Hi Monty,

Before trying to register a media type for Ogg, you might
want to read RFC 2048 to learn why you will have to call it
"audio/vnd.ogg" instead of "audio/ogg".  (You'd need the IETF
to bless your application in order to use the IETF's tree instead
of the "vnd." or "prs." trees.  Talk to w3c?)

If you want to see what people customarily fill into the fields in
the registration form, you could look at the archive of approved types:
    ftp://ftp.isi.edu:/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types

 -Jacob