[vorbis-dev] Re: vorbisfile updates, and a couple of questions

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Apr 22 22:31:54 PDT 2000

At 10:21 PM 4/22/00 -0700, you wrote:

>> You might be better off keeping this simpler:
>>
>> typedef int (*vorbis_callback)(void *closure, vorbis_op *op);
>
>No, for exactly the reason you get to below:
>
>> It does have one major disadvantage, you can't add
>> stuff to the vorbis_op structure without invalidating old code, which is
>> annoying.
>
>We should be casting the stdio functions just once when they're assigned to
>the structure in ov_open.

Which is what is does now - except I couldn't figure out how to do the
casts when I commited that (they're not exactly intuitive: (return_type
(*)(arglist))function), so it Just Works without any casting, and some
compiler warnings. I sat down with a C book afterwards, figured it out, but
I haven't committed that yet, since it makes no functional difference.