[vorbis-dev] vorbisfile updates, and a couple of questions

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Apr 21 09:21:24 PDT 2000

> Firstly, I've seen xmms lock up under the following circumstances: play
> track, wait until it's right near the end (<< 1 second remaining), then try and
> seek. All of xmms locks hard.
> It looks like either vorbis_ip.output->flush() or ov_time_seek() aren't
> returning, but I haven't looked further yet. If anyone else can confirm this,
> and/or has a fix, let me know.

If you can construct a test case that causes a vorbisfile function not to
return, I'll debug this.  When you say all of xmms... you mean UI threads too?
That would suggest "not vorbisfile", but that's a guess.

(can you make vorbisfile not return by adding read to the end then seek in
examples/seeking_test?)

Monty