[vorbis-dev] Metadata, file signatures, and extentions

Gregory Maxwell greg at linuxpower.cx
Wed Apr 12 18:57:59 PDT 2000

[snip]
> While keeping in mind the the ID3v2 spec I've created an XML dtd that
> defines pretty much all the fields (except for some of the more esoteric
> fields) in ID3v2. I plan to use this dtd for the work I am doing to
> extend the CD Index into a more general music database.
[snip]

I know just a bit more then squat about XML, so I'm not able to use that
actual terms.. :)

Is it possible to desribe syncrnous events in a seperate structure with a
uniform timestamping method so that they can be interleaved into the bit
stream?

I.e.

General song info should be repeated periodically in a subband, but
syncronus events should only be around the block they occure in when
stored in a bitstream.

You might also want to have a field for perceptual volume (could be
calculated durning encoding by the codec). This would be useful for
controling an analog volume control between per song so there is less
worry of a loud song waking people when tracks change..