[vorbis-dev] CVS troubles

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Sep 1 17:08:37 PDT 1999

> I know the last thing anyone wants to do is troubleshoot CVS source...
> but I'm a mite stumped with this one issue.

Ah, you're building against the parts that are actually written at the moment.
You won't be able to produce bitstreams (yet; very preliminary streams are not
too far off), but the source/sink code does work.

> While libvorbis compiles fine, the command-line tool does not.  I didn't
> really worry about this before, but now that I need something to test my
> code with, I tried to get it to compile.

The command-line tool in CVS is mostly just source sucked over from libogg
0.98 (old, dead code).  It doesn't yet use the libvorbis interface (or at
least, the conversion isn't complete.  Only Mike could comment on the command
line player status; I haven't been paying attention to it.

> My one remaining problem is fill_buffer().  It is called by, but not
> defined in, any of the source.  I tried
>
> #define fill_buffer(infile, inbuffer, bufferfill, insize) fread(inbuffer,
> 1, insize, infile)

fill_buffer was an internal in the player that's currently lost in the
restructuring.  The functionality is part of libvorbis now...

> and this simply blocks whenever I try to encode.  Perhaps I'm passing
> incorrect parameters?
>
> vorbis infile outfile
>
> should work, should it not?

It should not.  I'll write some example code for libvorbis encode/decode that
we can declare authoritative, then you can run with it.

Monty