[vorbis-dev] XMMS: busywaiting??

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Oct 13 17:32:10 PDT 1999

> That's really weird.

Several people have said so at this point :-)  Yes, I believe that xmms should
be performing nicely on my box....

> What version of XMMS and what output plugin are you
> using? The OSS one or the native ALSA?

xmms 0.9.5.1, tried both built from source and installed as a debian package.
I'm using the OSS 0.9 output module as the ALSA module is marked as 'doesn't
work with 0.9.5.1 yet'.

> You shouldn't see any performace
> problems on a P233, I have an old P100 myself at home which can handle
> playback without any problems. Please let me know if you found out what
> the problem is.

Nope, no clues yet.  Still looking.

Monty