[vorbis-dev] xmms module update

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Oct 12 22:02:22 PDT 1999

> As to why it's segving I am uncertain, but, save possible memory leaks,
> everything seems to be back in order...

I found a likely source of the SEGV; libvorbis was being built with
-malign-double, but the XMMS module (and likely XMMS itself) were not.  So,
libvorbis thinks its structs are bigger than the module is allowing.

(I've made the build system consistent, no -malign-double, and I'll check it in
in a bit.  Too bad; the double alignment is a nice, free optimization).

BTW, I did find a memory leak; vorbis_info_clear() has to be called after
vorbis_dsp_clear() or some pointers never get freed.  the example code had the
ordering wrong.  This is fixed in the examples and the XMMS plugin now.

Monty