[vorbis-dev] libvorbis's first bitstreams

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Oct 6 23:17:25 PDT 1999

I've got a few things to fix before I put it in CVS, but I wanted to let folks
know that libvorbis is writing/reading bitstreams and this functionality will
be in the next commit.  I won't be able to commit tonight, probably tomorrow.

The bitstreams will only be good enough for testing your own code-- they're
hacked in order to get the functionality there and they're still missing all of
the back-end compression.  However, the lib API will now be functional from
beginning to end, even if the streams themselves are mostly bogus (you will be
able to compress/decompress them, but the format withing each packet will be
changing with practically every commit I make in the next two weeks as I
complete the real back-end coder pieces).

Monty