[vorbis-dev] RE: vorbis under win32

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Nov 16 15:44:06 PST 1999

> My fault, there was something I missed. I can't see "very small doubles (like 2.13e-312)" anymore. These "small doubles" are really true zeros.

OK.

> I'm surprised of this un-catched division by zero.

I'm not.  That portion of code has 'warning: bullshit alert' plastered all
over it :-)  It's for the sake of producing working bitstreams right now, not
being a final or correct solution.  That code will all be replaced.

> For now all inconsistencies are solved and win32 code produces exactly the
> same bitstreams like linux code (I’m curious of VQ code).

...and when it all exists we'll find out :-)

OK, I'll go ahead and make a small #ifdef jail for win32 and make a first pass
of the changes we've talked about.  I'll send mail when this has been done.

Monty