[vorbis-dev] RE: vorbis under win32

macik macik at europe.com
Tue Nov 16 00:30:52 PST 1999

1.)

>> This should just be b->buffer[0]='\0'; as is done in _oggpack_reset();

Right, I was too lazy to look at it deeply.

2.)
> There's really no rint() in MSVC?

No rint(). At least in version 5.0

3.)
> _alloca() instead of alloca()? I would expect MSVC++ to have the standard alloca() call.

Same as 2.)
There is only _alloca() in malloc.c

> 4.)
>> I found different behaviour between gcc and msvc when dividing very small doubles (like 2.13e-312)

> What are the values in amp[] at that point (these are also doubles)?

> if the amp[] isn't zero, could you make a quick dump of the data values into a
> text file (as doubles) and mail them along to me?

I assume it was zeros in amp[], because decoded streams were bit by bit same under win and linux although encoded streams were different due to this behaviour.

I'll check it later this week(end), you can count on that. For now I'm too busy.

bye
macik
(eof)