[vorbis-dev] Re: xmms module update

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Mon Nov 8 10:25:18 PST 1999

Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> writes:

> (I've made the build system consistent, no -malign-double, and I'll check it in
> in a bit.  Too bad; the double alignment is a nice, free optimization).

I think you want to use __attribute__ to do this, that way it's in the header
file and anything that read that header file gets the same alignment
regardless of the compiler options. Making this work with different compilers
is still a question though.

an example from the gcc(Variable Attributes) info file node:

 struct foo { int x[2] __attribute__ ((aligned (8))); };

--
greg