[vorbis-dev] xmms plugin

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Aug 30 22:01:57 PDT 1999

> Anyone else hacked together an xmms plugin for Vorbis?  I took my best
> shot at it based on the source and some of the info I've picked up off
> this list... I haven't really tested it yet, but I think with a little bit
> more hacking it might actually work.
>
> I can put the source up if anyone wants to dink around with it, but I'd
> rather just clean it up a little then perhaps ask xmms if they'd include
> it with their source. (unless someone else is already doing this)
>
> Tony Arcieri

Despite the fact that most of the programmatic interface is there, quite a bit
of the code inside that interface doesn't exist yet.  The outside of the house
is finished, but there are still big, gaping holes on the inside...

This is not to discourage you; I'm filling libvorbis in as fast as I can, and
the day is not too far away when it will be ready to fly.  I'd love to see what
you have so far, and think about putting the in-progress xmms plugin into CVS.

Monty