[Video at Xiph] Digital Media Primer for Geeks - Spanish Translation

Tom Kent lists at teeks99.com
Sat Apr 30 15:22:32 PDT 2011

Hi there, I'm currently putting together a course "Introduction to
Multimedia" covering Photos, Graphics, Audio, Video and Web Pages, and
I wanted to say thank you for the great video you did.  It was a great
help in introducing the fundamentals behind audio and video!

Anyway, I'm actually teaching the course in Spanish (I'm a volunteer
living in Bolivia), so I put together the Spanish subtitles for the
video (see attached) that you could add to your website.

While I'm writing, I wanted to put in a shameless plug for the course
content I'm creating.  It's all CC-BY-SA and available at:
http://mediaintro.teeks99.com/MultimediaClass.html, or you can grab it
from github: https://github.com/teeks99/multimedia-intro. Its not
complete yet (I'm still writing the video section, haven't started the
web-pages section), and doesn't have much polish (just text, images
and links), but that's all stuff left to work on.

Stuff coming up is: obviously finishing the text for the Video/Web
sections, moving the HTML into a docbook or other similar format,
which HTML can be generated from, using gettext for the translation
(currently only spanish), and putting it into a moodle's format so it
can be used for classes that run moodle.

If this interests anyone, or if you have comments/suggestions, I'd be
happy to talk more :-)

Tom