[Tremor] LOW_ACCURACY mode and MDCT improvements

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Mar 25 14:21:24 PDT 2010

On 03/25/2010 05:01 PM, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
> I have no idea how your system works, but I would probably not try to
> install a modified library while testing it.

i'd already tested it.  i was trying out the installation process to
verify that the performance gains persisted.  I'm running debian squeeze
(testing).

> Does your system have a command line?  If so,
> make clean
> make example
> time ./ivorbisfile_example < file.ogg> out.raw

the I/O on this system is so slow (and the RAM is so scarce) that
sending the file to disk would screw up the timing because of all the
wait states; i'm pretty sure the tests i've done are a reasonable
framework, i'm just not convinced that i'm seeing the speedup after
library installation.

anyway, i do see a speedup difference between two different LD_PRELOADed
libraries, fwiw.  and the decoded raw audio plays fine with

 aplay -f cd

on a separate host, so i don't think there has been any regressions in
that direction.

	--dkg