[Tremor] LOW_ACCURACY mode and MDCT improvements

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Mar 23 20:31:43 PDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 09:10 PM, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
> I asked on rockbox IRC:
>
> [20:55] <stripwax> saratoga - hm, on a default compile (on an arm platform -  here, nslu2) it doesn't seem to define _ARM_ASSEM_ .  That might just be me though.  But that's not a particularly exotic platform (i think, anyway)

ah, _ARM_ASSEM_ is different from _ARM_ASM_, which is what i was looking
for earlier.  I do see _ARM_ASSEM_ in the source, in particular in
./configure.  but it doesn't seem to be getting set for the build, though.

This is probably because the part of ./configure that chooses to set
_ARM_ASSEM_ only adds it if $host matches arm-*-*, but on the armel
NSLU2 i'm building this on, it is: armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi

if you think that assembler should work on both arm and armel, maybe the
./configure script is too strict?  i happily confess that i'm expert at
neither autoconf nor arm/armel assembly, though, so i don't know where
to go from here.

> So it seems you will have to either fix the makefile for your target or manually define that in the make flags.

seems like ./configure wants to auto-detect it, and i'd rather not
second-guess it without knowing more.  suggestions?

	--dkg