[Tremor] arm assembler for CLIP_TO_15 needed for armel?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Sep 28 22:01:14 PDT 2009

hi tremor folks--

looking in the changelog, i see this entry:

*** 20020412: 1.0.1 ***

  Fixed a clipping bug that affected ARM processors; negative
  overflows were being properly clipped, but then clobbered to
  positive by the positive overflow chec (asm_arm.h:CLIP_TO_15)

and sure enough asm_arm.h still has the CLIP_TO_15 definition in it.

However, it doesn't seem to be used in an armel (eabi) build (it
defaults to the stock version from misc.h, if i'm using my debugger
correctly).

Should it use the code from asm_arm.h on armel?  do we have any test
vectors to make sure that the menioned clipping is happening properly?

	--dkg