[Tremor] different tremor output on armel

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Sep 20 16:11:01 PDT 2009

Dredging up a 5-month-old post:

On 04/25/2009 02:09 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 04/24/2009 11:16 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> I'm seeing different tremor results on the armel platform, using
>> ivorbisfile_example.c from the repository.
>
> OK, i've run the same test with ivorbisfile_example.c on powerpc now as
> well.  powerpc produces the same data as i386 and amd64 except that its
> output bytes are swapped pairwise.
>
> all the files i've generated in this test can be found here, if anyone
> finds them useful:
>
>>   http://lair.fifthhorseman.net/~dkg/src/tremor/2009-04-24
>
> Any thoughts?

This got no response the first time i posted it. can anyone on this list
confirm successful use of tremor on little-endian ARM (armel)?

If so, what toolchain were you using for the build?  What hardware?  If
you have a chance to try, are you able to replicate successful decoding
of the ogg file at the above link?

	--dkg