[Tremor] Need help skipping comment header

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Oct 29 11:51:31 PDT 2008

> Hi Monty,
>
> Would you be able to assist in finding a way to hack around the comment
> header?  I've tried a few times and wasn't able to figure it out.

I would-- I'm just less effective when being split in a few different
directions.  I've actually been thinking about the right way to
represent this in the API.  I'm more concerned with the added feature
being genuinely useful than being an easy change-- it seems like there
might be greater utility to being able to speculatively buffer or not
buffer as an application needs (for example, a memory-constrained
audio player that might want to play back just the audio tracks of
videos...  music video and music in one! :-)  That would mean not
buffering whole pages just to checksum and discard.

Monty