[Tremor] Queries about tremor needness on TI C6400 and MIPS

zuo bf zuobf.bupt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 05:32:11 PST 2008

Hi all,

  I am planning to port tremor to TI C6400, i'd like to know if i can do it
in about 15MIPS / 44k / stero / 128kbps,
would anyone be interested in it? I mean with some small payment.

  Without any hand optimization, the tremor code runs at about 45MIPS / 44k
/ stero / 128kbps.

  The 15MIPS target is got in reference with tensilica's result.
(http://www.tensilica.com/products/audio/audio_codecs/ogg.htm)
(tensilica can do MP3 decode in 5.7MIPS, so I think the MIPS data it give is
good enough,
and C64x is a great platform, shouldn't be worse than xtensa)

  Also, any current MIPS information in any plarform is welcomed.

thanks,
Colin