[Tremor] Unused entries in code book

Vamsi Mohan Reddy Pulagam pvmreddy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:39:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to understand the building of Huffman codes from the code
lengths. In the Tremor code first I see that the codewords are being
generated by the function _make_words() and then sorted.

After this I see some magic code and something related to unused entries.
Does the code generate code words for unused entries too? Are these unused
entry code words used during the decode process? If these are used why do we
call them unused entries?

Sorry if my queries are silly, but I really need to understand them. Thanks
in advance for your help.
--
P.Vamsi Mohan Reddy,
Hyderabad.

Bad leaders are elected by good citizens who do not vote.