[Tremor] Tremor performace on ARM

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Nov 13 06:57:49 PST 2007

On Mon 2007-11-12 22:10:44 -0500, Vamsi Mohan Reddy Pulagam wrote:

> I think there is some optimization done on Tremor code to run on
> ARM. Does some one use this code on ARM?

I use this code on ARM every day on a debian-based NSLU2 (266MHz) that
feeds my home audio system, running in big-endian mode.  I also
maintain libvorbisidec (tremor) for debian.  I didn't do anything
fancy during the build step to create special optimizations that
weren't in svn already.

> Can anyone tell me what is the best performace numbers in MIPS while
> running on ARM processors?

I'm not sure what you're specifically asking for, since i think that
MIPS would be a measure of processor speed, not codec performance.  If
you could explain (or point me toward docs which explain) the kind of
performance metrics you want, i can try to get an answer for you when
i have time.

Regards,

        --dkg