[Tremor] fixed point format in Tremor

Myron King mdk at csail.mit.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:08:00 PST 2007

Hello.  I am trying to understand the Tremor code in the hopes of
writing my own fixed-point Vorbis decoder.  The code is optimized to the
point of being almost illegible.  I am looking at the IMDCT currently.
It appears to me that the input and output to this phase of the decode
process is in 8.24 fixed point format.  Is this correct??  Are there any
other fixed point format used in Tremor, or can I assume that all
arithmetic performed in the decoding process is in 8.24 ?

thanks --Myron