[Tremor] Clarification regarding the stream seeking in Tremor

Bharan Giridhar bharan.giridhar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:58:25 PDT 2007

Hi Markus

This is regarding a small clarification regarding stream seeking in tremor.
The original tremor code (low-branch version) uses std file i/o functions
and file seeking functions such as fseek. However, as we need to implement
the code on a SHARC DSP, we need to get rid of the std file i/o and replace
it with our own callbacks. But in the blackfin port of the vorbis player
that you mailed us some time back, you have disabled the seek_callback
(basically now returning only a -1), adding a comment that the stream is not
seekable. How did you manipulate the all the occurrences of the fseek (i.e.
seek_func) in the code that are used to chk whether input is a valid ogg
vorbis file or not? Because, if we simply disable the fseek function, the
vorbis test fails.

Please respond asap.

Yours sincerely

Bharan