[Tremor] AW: Tremor Digest, Vol 29, Issue 2

Bharan Giridhar bharan.giridhar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:53:04 PDT 2006

Hello Markus

Thanks for the suggestions.. will try them immediately... However I am not
clear about one thing you mentioned - You said we could use
ov_open_callbacks() instead of ov_open(). But the function ov_open() itself
uses ov_open_callbacks()... isn't it?

Also, as far as the location of the OggVorbis File goes, I initially plan to
stream it into the DSP from an external computer, i.e. using the standard
File I/O... and then at a later stage shift to storing the file on an
external flash.

So initially I plan to use the standard file I/O as mentioned in the example
code - the problem I was facing that the _setmode() function does not work
on this platform... could that too cause an error? What I did was that I
simply commented out that portion of the code. Is that right?... because I
have set the environment mode to Win32.

This DSP has 3Mbits of internal RAM...So could you give me an idea of
roughly how much heap/stack is required for tremor?

Another major concern- There are two versions of tremor available-
lowmem-branch and lowmem-no-byte... how are they different and which one is
relevant to me?
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks a lot

Bharan