[Tremor] excessive use of 'long' vars

Oliver Lange bloody at bloody.in-berlin.de
Thu May 11 14:03:17 PDT 2006

Monty schrieb:

> It should be set using type defines.  'int' is the wrong answer too,
> as there are plenty of platforms where an int is 8 bits or 16 bits,
> which is not large enough either.

Of course you're right, int32_t is the correct answer there.

However, i just compiled tremor on Gentoo-64 and it produced
exactly the same output as the 32-bit build for Win2k. At least
it works, even with some 64-bit bitmasks and other 64-bit stuff
used here & there.

Another minor thing (call me squeamish if you like):
If the caller has to open the input stream, then
ov_clear() should not close the file by default, just
cleanup it's structs. The one who opens a file should
also be responsible for closing. Maybe the caller wants
to rewind the stream to play a looped sample?

--

Cheers,

Oliver 'Bloody' Lange.