[Tremor] how to build tremor in VS2003?

Oliver Lange bloody at bloody.in-berlin.de
Wed May 10 15:23:59 PDT 2006

Tertium Organum schrieb:
> I can't build Tremor in Visual Studio. First - redefinition of union
> 'magic', then some mystic errors..
> Maybe somebody has fixed src or even VS solution?  please help!

First you need to define BYTE_ORDER (big endian or
little endian), which is not defined in Microsoft's
header files.

Also note that i've compiled Tremor wit VC6 which produced
a much much slower executable than GCC (MinGW with Dev-C++),
so i'd recommend to build Tremor with GCC, else the loss
of speed is significant. Maybe you want to build a DLL for
your applicatin if you don't like to switch your whole
project to Dev-C++ ?

There are only few other changes needed to compile with VC.
I actually don't know much about VS2003, but i guess it
will compile the union statement as well as VC6 does,
since VC6 is the older one.

--

Cheers,

Oliver 'Bloody' Lange.