[Tremor] Compiling for ARM, or Pre-Compiled for ARM?

Jess Telford jessticular at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:34:08 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I am wanting to compile Tremor for the ARM.

My toolkits are all set up on my Windows XP Box, and I'm running msys with
autoconf, automake, & libtool.

I downloaded the latest sources from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor/

However, when I try to compile the file;

$ ./autogen.sh

I get the following output:

"Generating configuration files for vorbisidec, please wait....
aclocal
libtoolize --automake
automake --add-missing
autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /bin/m4
configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version. You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified
autoconf
autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /bin/m4
./autogen.sh: ./configure: No such file or directory"

I've looked for an installation for m4 for msys, but could only find those
for cygwin (and yes, I tried cygwin, but that gave me more errors :( ).

I've also tried googling till my fingers bled...

If anyone could offer me some advice on compiling the library properly for
the ARM, or even giving me a pre-compiled version of the library, I would be
forever indebted!

Thanks all :)
Jess.