[Tremor] MCPS for tremor

Parul parul.agarwal at einfochips.com
Fri Jul 28 05:13:14 PDT 2006

Hi,

I had this doubt in relation to MCPS calculation for tremor:

1.	How to calculate MCPS for each decode? I am using this formula is
this right?

MCPS= (cycles * channels * sampling rate * bytes/sample)/(outbytes * 1M)

Where cycles are for one decode.

     And eg:    Channels = 2, byte/sample =2 and outbytes = 4096

            Is this equation right?

2.	I observed that while decoding the first frame (512 outbytes) takes
very high MCPS and corresponding frames take quite less MCPS.

Why is this so? Any specific reason. Also last frame which has very less
bytes takes very high MCPS.

      3.    Are the MCPS figures data dependent. As it is observed for some
frames (with same blocksize 256), the MCPS is very high and others low.

Thanks,

Parul