[TREMOR] Example File

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jan 4 08:47:30 PST 2006

On 12/7/05, Peter PS. Stockinger <Peter at tstockinger.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can anyone point me to a couple of example files, that can definitly be
> decoded by the decoder?
>
> I tried to decode a file found here
> (http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/listen/41_30secOgg-q0.ogg)
>
> but all that happened was OV_EBADHEADER (corrupted or undecipherable
> header).

Peter,

Sorry for the long delay here - since you're not subscribed to the
list, it went to the moderation queue, and because of the holidays
that queue got checked even less frequently than normal.

The file you gave the URL for above is a perfectly valid Vorbis file,
and should be decoded fine with any vorbis decoder, including Tremor.

You're probably encountering some other problem. You said you're using
windows, so you might want to check that you're passing "rb" as the
mode parameter to fopen(). If you don't have the "b" there, windows
will corrupt the data read from the stream as the library reads it.

Mike