[Tremor] bitwise.c question

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Feb 21 08:52:15 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 05:11:06PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> I see it is a pitfall that oggpack_read() can return -1. Consider this:

Quite right, no need to explain.  There was an overload here that was
ill-considered but preserved for interests of ABI compatability.
libogg2 alters the call/return semantics to something less convenient
but more sensible.

> Does anyone have any comments on this change. Also I have a new bitwise.c that
> is some percent faster. Up to 50% for "bits > 20":

It's not hard to make it faster, the faster is simply more complex is
all.

Monty