[Tremor] Reducing code size

s22088840 at tuks.co.za s22088840 at tuks.co.za
Mon Sep 19 03:41:59 PDT 2005

Hello everyone

I'm implementing a very simple audio player on DSP as a University project.
I have quite a fast DSP evaluation board to work with but I am unable to
achieve real time decoding.  The main problem is that I only have 64KB of
internal RAM to work with and I thus have to move some of the code to the
slow external SDRAM.

I basically would like to know where I could save some space, is there code
that I could remove?  I only need a very simple decoder.  I am decoding
files as Ogg streams from a memory buffer and am not planning on implementing
seeking.  Also, backwards compatability is unnecessary, as I will encode
the audio files with the latest reference encoder.

Thank you!

Daniel vN