[Tremor] lowmem-no-byte decoding problem

akarui akarui at tenacity.usanethosting.com
Sun Oct 2 22:47:11 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I recently have been using tremor lowmem-no-byte (I was using the
regular version of Tremor), but have ran into a problem with an ogg file
that's encoded at 22,050kHz @ ~30kb/s @ -0.1q.  With this setting, the
'used_entries' variable from the codebook structure is 0 after a few
calls to _make_decode_table in codebook.c; a system crash occurs since
alloca attemps to allocate memory with an invalid value.

I've spent some time trying to figure out why this is the case, but
since I am not yet intimately familiar with the source, I am having
trouble determining where 'used_entries' needs to be set to a non-zero
value.  This problem on both x86 and ARM platforms that I am currently
working on.

I looked through the message archives, but was not able to find any
threads that discuss this.  Is this a known bug/problem that has been
fixed?  If so, is there a place where the fix is available?  It doesn't
seem that the svn branch for tremor lowmem-no-byte has been updated any
time recently (especially with the memory leak fix).

regards,
akin