[Tremor] reg: Decoder at 20kHz

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:31:36 PDT 2005

On 6/15/05, Dhanabal <dhanapalb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>    I was analyzing frequency components of the decoded stream on audio
> precion tool. The decode stream does not regenerate the 20kHz component
> alone. I beleive that the encoder doesnot code this frequency.Any reasons
> why ths frequency is left out?

At the quality or bitrate you selected, the encoder's psychoacoustic
engine decided that this information wasn't needed. Either that, or
you were using a lower bitrate where a lowpass filter is applied.

Vorbis is a perceptual audio codec - throwing this sort of stuff out
is precisely what it's meant to do.

Mike