[Tremor] conformance of tremor

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:46:05 PDT 2005

On 6/2/05, Park Jin Soo <jinsp at mcubeworks.com> wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> Is there any kind of process for checking conformance of tremor?
> For example, it might be possible to test an implementation of tremor
> by calculating RMS value between outputs of tremor and vorbis decoder
> with the commonly used bitstreams just as for MPEG AAC.
> I could not find any comments or data related to it.
> Could someone let me know if the process exists or not?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Jin Soo

Jin,

We don't currently have formal compliance criteria. It's something
we've discussed recently, and we're very interested in developing that
(along with test bitstreams, and possibly also some sort of profile
mechanism for subsets of vorbis), but we have extremely limited
resources (i.e. zero) for doing that, so we haven't been able to make
much progress there yet.

Mike