[Tremor] Fw: vorbis Vs Tremor

Dhanabal dhanapalb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:03:42 PDT 2005

I am sorry for the previous unclear question(i wanted to be concise so that i do not disturb your work). Here goes my problem.

These are the questions i have.

1) I am porting the tremor code on to a dsp processor. I have downloaded the tremor code from lowbytes branch directory and the vorbis from releases directory(libogg1.1 libvorbis-1.1.0 and vorbis-1.0b3). I am working on linux platform. I need to prepare a report for a few people here,showing the db level difference by generating output from both the codes and do a listening test .

I had used the ivorbisexample to generate the outputs of both the codes by giving some ogg file as input. I expected a minor difference in the bit sequece.But I find the difference in the bits is huge.So i could not use the tool.For listening test i used gold wave but i did not know sampling frequency and the bit precision of the pcm raw data.

2) Supposedly saying that the input i gave was not that perfect.Can you pass on a few test streams that would be touching all parts of the algorithm and serve my purpose?

3)  I assume that vorbis-1.0b3 is the latest version which uses all the latest libraries.

4) I would also like to know what is the processing precision. Supposedly saying it does a 24 bit processing how is a 16 bit and 32 bit input handled and what is the corresponding output.

Thanks in advance
Dhanapal