[Tremor] 55x vs 54x

EXTERN Wacker Klaus (Extern; CM-DI/ESP1) Klaus.Wacker at de.bosch.com
Wed Oct 6 22:27:05 PDT 2004

Monty thanks for the info, but I have to disagree in one case
The 54x can do one operation per cycle. The 55x can do 2 operations
Thats why TI says it does 2MIPS/MHz (320 / 160MHz)
Ie for the 62x it is 8MIPS/MHz.
Cheers
Klaus

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:40:27AM +0200, EXTERN Wacker Klaus (Extern;
CM-DI/ESP1) wrote:
> I try to port Tremor lowmem on TI 55x DSP.
> I am not familiar with the 54x and actually I just started to work
with
> the 55x.
> But here is a short summery

Overall, the summary looks very similar to the 5416.

> Can only address words(2 bytes, can you believe this)	?

Yes, look through the trmor SVN logs for the 'nobyte' branch.

Monty