[Tremor] Download problems

Michael Smith msmith
Tue Jun 15 01:01:29 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 17:14, Jakub Zuralski wrote:
> Hello,
> I am unable to download the file linked to by a link on your site
> (http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/):
> http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/download/tremor_cvs_snapshot.tgz

Our main server died (hardware failure), and we're currently running on a
temporary server until replacement hardware arrives.

One of the consequences of that is that some services are broken - it looks
like nightly snapshots are one of those.

> neither can I use your CVS repository. I can't find any remarks of cvs not
> being functional, so perhaps it is a bug?

CVS is no longer available (and this is unrelated to the hardware problems).
We're now using subversion (SVN) for source control - and there are probably
a few places on the website(s) that still refer to CVS. We need to fix those
up...

Anyway, the source is available from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor,
you can get this with:
svn co http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/Tremor

> Also, when performing archive search on the
> http://www.xiph.org/archives/tremor/masterindex.html I get... perl source
> code for mail_search.pl!

Mail archives are indeed broken on the temporary server. We've also moved to
a different mailing list manager, so this probably needs reimplementing.
We're unlikely to get this done until the replacement server is up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike