[Tremor] Mac instruction

Segher Boessenkool segher
Sun Jun 13 22:38:52 PDT 2004

<74E819C2-BBC0-11D8-A52D-000A95A4DC02 at kernel.crashing.org>
<4632.132.204.12.105.1086986779.squirrel at www.nouiz.org>

> thanks for all your answer. I will write a file asm_sparc.c as the one
> for
> arm. But I didn't writed asm for sparc with gcc. Did you know good
> reference to describe the assembler for sparc and how to combine it
> with
> gcc?

1) The GCC manual has a section on inline assembler.
2) The glibc source and the Linux kernel source have
lots of examples.

> I have looked for and only find partial information. The most
> important thing that I miss is the description of sparc assembler.

For that, also look in the gas (GNU assembler) manual; also,
get the SPARC architecture manuals from sparc.com.

All this is going to be quite some work I'm afraid, esp. if you
have never done this before.

Note btw. that GCC is quite smart about using MAC instructions
itself.

Segher