[Tremor] Big-Little endian

Frederic Bastien nouiz
Tue Jun 8 06:46:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

sorry if you receive this email twice. But there have been trouble with
the mailing list i think.

I'm doing a projet to run a decoder of ogg-vorbis file in an FPGA. For
this i make Tremor run on a processor called LEON. It is a Big-endian
processor. Right not I need to swat the 2 bytes in memory to make it work.
But I have see that there is the BYTE_ORDER variable in the file misc.h I
have tried to use it to don't swap the byte, but that don't seem to work.
The program fail in ov_open. I have looked at the code and it fail when
checking the magic bytes OggS.(whitch is gOSg in memory). I have see any
code that take care for looking at the byte order there.

Did any of you make tremor work on a big-endian computer? what did you
needed to do? Should defining BYTE_ORDER enought?

thanks for your time

Fred
p.s. I will write some documentation for this to add in the documentation
section.