[Tremor] Can't compile Tremor in Quartus 3.0 SDK

Michael Smith msmith
Mon Jul 5 18:27:57 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 02:02, moul karim wrote:
> hello
> I'm trying to compile Tremor library in Quartus 3.0 SDK Shell (on Windows
> XP) but I couldn't, it can't execute <<autogen.sh>> and ask me to install
> <<autoconf>>.
> So I compile the library  under Linux and took Makefile and try to changeb
> some lines in order to excute it under windows, but it requires the file
> <<alloca.h>> and this file require another file and so on....it becams so
> long.
> How can I install autoconf for SDK shell ? or is it any other way to
> compile the library without using <<autogen.sh>> ?
> thank you

Trying to use autoconf (and the other auto-tools) to compile tremor on windows
is probably just a bad idea - it'll be a lot more work than just setting up a
build environment from scratch (a Makefile, or a MSVC project file, or
whatever). Doing that should be pretty straightforward, but you should expect
to have to make a few minor changes.

Mike