[tremor] Tremor in endless loop with corrupted .ogg file

Pascal Wolff pascal.wolff at mnet-online.de
Thu Feb 26 10:24:01 PST 2004

I was given a .ogg file which apparently sends tremor into an endless
loop while trying to read the tag information.

Looking into it, I can provide the following information:
* Winamp is able to play the file, albeit I would say only partially,
which leads me to believe that the file is most likely corrupted. I
don't know what happened to the file or where it originated. However
since Winamp is able to play the file and read the tag information, it
can't be THAT bad.
* Tracking it down a little, tremor hangs in _get_prev_page, so it's
likely to be an issue with the codec.
However I'm no codec expert and I've basically just hacked on a UI
around it. Getting the latest HEAD from CVS doesn't change anything. I
would be interested in any leads - can someone reproduce this on his
port of Tremor ?

If anyone is interested, you can look at the file from
http://home.mnet-online.de/feuerundflamme/Trouble.html

regards,
-pascal.