[tremor] memory leakage in lowmem-branch

Roland Wintersteller x0winter at dfrmailx.itg.ti.com
Wed Apr 14 10:14:43 PDT 2004

Hi together,

I recently found out, that not all memory allocated in framing.c (lowmem-branch) is freed again. I debugged the code and made the following changes:

function _ogg_buffer_destroy (framing.c line 58):
deleted the return statement. Otherwise memory for a number of ogg_buffer and ogg_reference is not freed.

function ogg_stream_destroy (framing.c line 827):
Similar to oy in the function ogg_sync_destroy at line 568, also in ogg_stream_destroy the memory for ogg_stream has to be freed. I introduced the statement _ogg_free(os);

After this changes the memory leakage problem was fixed. At the end of the decoding process, all memory which was allocated first is freed again. The decoder still works fine.

Regards, Roland