[tremor] Tremor on DSP

timmy brolin timmy at home.se
Fri Sep 12 16:49:38 PDT 2003

The C6713 is a very high performance floating point DSP with lots of internal RAM. The great thing about the C6713 is that it is the _only_ C6000 DSP that does not come in a 548ball BGA package.
Vorbis will most likely only consume 1/5 or less of it's CPU power.
As for the compiler; The Code Composer development environment is great (includes compiler). Nowdays it has a graphical linker that is wounderful to use. You can drag and drop any piece of code or data between different memory areas.
The downside is that the compiler is rather expensive.

/
Timmy