[tremor] Is there a VC++ implementation available for vorbis ?

timmy brolin timmy at home.se
Mon Jun 23 16:52:53 PDT 2003

float Vorbis or int Tremor?

Since Tremor is written utilizing a few GCC specific features, adapting Tremor to work with other compilers is complicated. If you read the archive you will find that several people have had problems.
Last year, I did manage to adapt Tremor to compile using VC+, but I think that specific harddrive have been formatted since. Sorry.

Okay, okay, it's not exactly GCC specific features, but it's not ANSI C either. There are a few other compilers that implement the features.

The heavy usage of alloca instead of malloc seems to be the biggest problem. Beside that problem there are a few differences in compiler naming conventions.
Alloca IS a good feature, but very few compilers supports it.

A ANSI C version of Tremor with no dynamic memory allocation have been suggested/requested by a few people, myself included.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to do it myself at the moment.

-
Timmy

                        Is there a VC++ implementation available for
Vorbis.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Xavier.