[tremor] tremor on 56k?

William Brodie-Tyrrell wfbrodie at smug.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 19 21:50:20 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm implementing a home theater system using Motorola 56362 DSPs (120MHz).
They're 24 bit not 32, so the MAC is 24x24->48 bits (56 bit accumulator).
How difficult would it be to adapt tremor to this DSP?  If that can be done
then I'll be able to send ogg/vorbis streams directly to it over SPDIF.

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=DSP56362&nodeId=0127958596

I saw Nicolas Pitre's patch from October for things without 64bit mul, but
will there be other problems?  For example, the memory is 24 bits wide.
Using 2/3 of twice as many words would be a lot sucky, if not infeasible.

--
"There is no God and Dirac is his prophet"
	-- Wolfgang Pauli

<wfbrodie at smug.adelaide.edu.au>
http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~william