[tremor] Tremor's use of 64-bit math

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Fri Sep 13 09:45:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Owen G. Emry wrote:

> Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org> said:
>
> > > __divdi3 (in ov_bitrate, ov_bitrate_instant, ov_time_total, etc.)
> > > __divsi3 (in _book_maptype1_quantvals, _book_unquantize,
> > > vorbis_book_decodevs_add, floor0_look, etc.)
> > > __modsi3 (in _book_unquantize)
> > >
> > You really can't go away without libgcc.a in most cases.  If you can't link
> > libgcc.a then your compiler installation is broken in some way.
>
> It's not broken -- I can link against it, but libgcc was built along with gcc
> when I configured for arm-elf, and it's not built with the PIC settings I
> need.
>
> If there's a way to rebuild libgcc with my own compiler flags, that'd be
> great, but I haven't found out how to do that.

Go in your gcc source tree, in gcc-<version>/gcc/config/arm.  That where all
the magic is defined.  The functions you're looking for are defines in
lib1funcs.asm.  You could link this file with the proper defines directly
into your work.  Alternately you could try to tell gcc to build and install
a FIC variant of the library when actually building itself. To do so you
need to modify the file t-arm-elf where many examples are currently
commented out.  Then rebuilding and reinstalling gcc will provide you with
all variants of libgcc.a you specified.