[tremor] random patch

Chris Gilbert chris at dokein.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 15:20:53 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Pitre" <nico at cam.org>
To: <tremor at xiph.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: [tremor] random patch

> > Is there a proper place to submit patches? or is on here fine?
>
> I'd say post it here.  This way we could all have a look and maybe improve
> upon it, or double check it's corect.

Ok here's a working (produces the same output)  version of that patch, note
it also removes one of the loops from mdct_backwards, as it's not needed and
the work can also be done in the previous loop.  In theory both the asm and
c are faster than the original.

Anyway enough micro-optimisations, I'll start to see what else can be
optimised 8)

Those feeling paranoid:
MD5 (asm.diff.gz) = 5a6ac33f1d8fc5150dbd330299a3c81d

Cheers,
Chris